Discover your family's story.Start with your name.

Start Now

Monday, April 6, 2009

Cooking for Beginners!!!

It may be a little over whelming at first, but if you pick up a couple of these ingredients every time you go shopping it won't be so bad!! Take it slow if you need to!!


The spices I can't live without in my kitchen:

Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Celery salt
Onion Soup Mix
Chicken oxo/Beef oxo
Dill Weed
Parsley
Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Plain White sugar
**When looking for spices ALWAYS go for the "powders" vs "Salts" ie: onion powder, instead of onion salt. That way you're not adding any extra salt. You'd be surprised how many people really don't know the difference between the two !!!!


If you have these ingredients in your pantry, you'll never be stuck for dinner ideas again:
(Please see how I use them in my kitchen everyday, in my upcoming recipes Blog)

2 cans tomato soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg elbow macaroni
2 cans tuna
1 can yellow or peaches and cream corn (not cream corn. Although that's always good to have on hand as well ;) )
1 can sliced or whole mushrooms, what ever you like :)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
Any kind of rice
( I like Uncle Ben's 5 minute. I've never been able to master the 20 minute stuff, hahaha )
2 pkgs of side kick noodles (doesn't matter what flavour they are)

For a few of my written recipes, please visit me here !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment