White Bean, Greens & Sun Dried Tomato Crostini
It can be very easy to make a satisfying meal from very little to work with. This is a delicious dish with few ingredients that will please many critiques! (maybe not the children though.) I can't say enough about how tasty this recipe really is. You must try it for yourself! :)
Makes 8 Servings
Ingredients:1 Cup Dried White Beans. (soak overnight in 2 1/2 Cups Of water, in the fridge)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Onion, Chopped
8 Cups Assorted Fresh Greens ( spinach, arugula, dandelion etc.)
10 Whole Garlic Cloves
1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Fat Free, Plain Yogurt (greek is the best)
3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes (1 Tsp if you like it spicy)
8 slices of Whole Wheat Or Grain Bread
Salt & Pepper To Taste 1/2 Tsp Coconut Oil
Directions:1) Drain remaining water from beans. Rinse and add 5 cups of fresh water, add chopped onion, salt and sliced garlic. (keep 1 clove for later)
2) Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for about an hour. Until the beans are quite soft.
3) Drain Beans, but be sure to keep at least 1 cup of the liquid for blending beans later.
4) Pour Beans into food processor or chopper, add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of liquid back in with the beans. Puree until smooth. Set aside
5) Saute tomatoes with coconut oil and a little garlic. Add 1/4 Cup of bean liquid, and cook until they start to brown. 10 minutes or less.
6) In a large frying pan add the remaining bean liquid, garlic and red wine vinegar. Saute for 5 minutes. Just until the greens are wilted. Add tomatoes and toss well.
7) Grill or toast the bread slices. Spread with bean paste top each one with tomato, greens combo!